Tag Archives: Loop Street
We were hoping to get 100 000 people on the Cape Town Fan Walk for the Germany vs Argentina 2010 World Cup Quarter Final match. At its peak, the Fan Walk hit an estimated 153 000! This means that when 65 000 people were in the stadium, over 90 000 continued to enjoy the Fan
About Andrew Boraine
Andrew Boraine is Chief Executive of the Cape Town Partnership, a public-private partnership that focuses on the regeneration of the Cape Town Central City.
- Perverse outcomes? New bicycle lanes in Cape Town CBD add space for cars 10 November 10
- Who is championing Cape Town’s Integrated Rapid Transport system? 01 December 10
- Why the Cape Town airport shuttle isn’t working 19 November 10
- Cape Town’s Bid to host 2011 UN Climate Change Conference 07 September 10
- Cape Town loses bid to host UN Climate Change Conference in 2011 12 November 10
- For sure, freeways? 28 March 10
- Wooden cobbles recently discovered in Adderley Street 10 October 10
- Integrated Rapid Transport in Cape Town – no other alternative 03 November 09
- Cape Town Station Square – unburied treasure 09 May 10
- Cape Town shows the world how to street party 05 July 10
- Designing better sanitation services in informal settlements: Cape Town’s R138m Special Jobs Creation Programme has real potential to add impetus 03 October 11
- Stop the Secrecy Bill: Pictures from Right2Know march, Cape Town, 17 September 18 September 11
- Looking for Africa 21 August 11
- The ABC of the EDA in Cape Town and the Western Cape 17 August 11
- Who will lead the economic inclusion agenda when working class leaders abandon that role through ill-disciplined actions? 16 August 11
- Going up: Cape Town’s tallest building since 1993 represents more than a property development 14 August 11
- Introducing the new Cape Economic Development Agency 09 August 11
- Designing a fairer future – why Cape Town is bidding for World Design Capital 2014 26 July 11
- Paradise Road: An inspiring story about Zimbabweans in Cape Town 23 June 11
- Five reasons why making the World Design Capital 2014 shortlist is a good thing for Cape Town 21 June 11
- Daniel: Looking at the serious traffic congestion every mo...
- Faadilah Gierdien: 17 years into the new dispensation, calls for this...
- George: I commute regularly from the Southern Suburbs into...
- John L Bradfield: Great article, Andrew. Thanks for sharing. The ...
- Rudolf Rieger: It goes without saying that this a very exiting pr...
- tahlia govender: truly capturing the beauty of this country, when s...
- Christo Fabricius: Knowledge, education and skills development should...
- Etienne du Plessis: Hi Andrew, I conduct a photo stream on Old Cape...
- Greeff Kotzé: Rashiq Fataar 02 December 10 at 20:32 # "I will g...
- Greeff Kotzé: I don't get to Cape Town all that often, even thou...
2010 Fan Walk 2010 FIFA Football World Cup Adderley Street Cape Town Cape Town Central City Cape Town City Hall Cape Town Foreshore Cape Town Partnership Cape Town Stadium Cape Town Station Central City Improvement District City of Cape Town Company's Garden Creative Cape Town Desmond Tutu District Six Durban East City East City Design Initiative Grand Parade Greenmarket Square Green Point Integrated Rapid Transport System International Council of Societies of Industrial Design Johannesburg Long Street Nelson Mandela New York Non-motorised transport Paris Public art Public space Public transport Reclaim Camissa Robben Island Sea Point Promenade St Andrew's Square Station Square St George's Mall Sustainable development Sydney Table Mountain Waterkant Street Western Cape Provincial Government World Design Capital 2014